Thursday, September 4, 2008

ZOO visit, Labor Day weekend

So the Dr. said I should stay home & rest.

LOL!


Does this Dr. have a CLUE how hard that is for a 4 yr. old???

We tried the home-bound thing, but it didn't work. We decided to take in the Zoo before the Koala's & Butterlies leave us.

Here I am watching the Panda Bear eat some ice. (grammie & grampy in backgound)


It's HOT!!!



The Koala's leave tomorrow. We were waiting here for them to be fed their 3:00 dinner. Don't I look a little bored. heeheehee It's because the Koala's sleep 18-21 hours a day!!! That's a LOT!!! They typically wake up to eat, so we wait.



And we wait some more. lol Maybe it's getting to me. ;o)



So we saw the Koala's eat. You can view the video at the end. Good stuff. ;o)


It was very hot out, so we hit the splash park part of the Zoo.


I had FUN!!!


This is me pulling on daddy's arm to get him to join me.

No such luck.



So the plot thickens.


Can you see me here splashing mommy?? Well I was & it seemed to work. lol She grabbed me and ran me through a sprinkler. heeheehee That was FUN!!!



Here we are all soaking wet. :o)


After the water fun, we went to the carousel. I just LOVE carousels. :O)


I also got to pet this alligator today. Cool stuff!!!




Another favorite of mine is feeding the Lorakeets. I always ask about them all Fall & Winter, inquiring about their return. It seems as if they'll be leaving us again soon. Can you believe Summer is almost over!!!


I'm here peeking through the fence in the Lorakeet exhibit.


This is daddy helping me hold the food. COOL!!! Look at them eating!!!



And I got to feed this one up high. :o)



The Botanical Gardens is a great place to go. I don't usually want to leave. Today I decided to play in the fountain.



And dance like a goofball. :o)



And we found these spitting frogs. I decided to slap through the water and splash mommy and grammie with frog spit. heeheehee I couldn't stop giggling. :O)





I hope you got to see them before they left.



Here is a video of the Koala having some dinner. It was SO cute. I wished I could hug it. :o)





No comments: