Thursday, July 3, 2008

A day at the Zoo

So, mommy & I decided to spend a day at the Zoo on Wednesday. It was just SO beautiful outside, we couldn't resist. (mommy is still having trouble getting photos in order on here, so we appologize for the randomness of this post)
Anyway, among some of the great things I got to see & do today, one was touching a real life sea urchin. It was fairly hard feeling, but I'm sure if you turned it over, it would be a bit softer, at least that's what I think.
We went to the Botanical Gardens too. It's free with your Zoo membership or paid admission to the Zoo. I love it over there. We not only get to see beautiful butterflies, but I get to dance barefoot in the garden. In this photo, I was running super fast & came at mommy & tackled her backwards. heeheehee We're still not sure how this photo turned out so amazing!

While at the gardens, this little beautiful butterfly decided it liked my toe. I thought that was pretty funny. Maybe it was trying to tell me that we need to redo my toenail poish. ;o)

Here I am on the carousel. I feel so free on the carousel & I enjoy always picking a different animal to ride. This one felt nice and comfy with my feet kicked up. Don't you wish you were a kid again sometimes.?



Can you believe this shot!!! I just LOVE butterflies and this one apparently decided it liked me too. I think mommy should print and frame this photo, don't you?!


As I said before, I love dancing in the garden. I'll "perform" for anyone willing to watch. I especially like to do my ballet moves and spin. Yep, I like to spin until I just completely fall in a heap on the ground. ;o)




Here is the same butterfly as pictured above. Mommy & I got to hold it together. I say you should always love & care for nature. How about that.




This is an underwater dome at our Zoo. It is one of the only ones like it in the U.S. and it is part of our dolphin display. When they are out, they swim around & you can get a real great close up look. When we were here, it was almost time for the dolphin show, so they weren't out. That's ok, we just went to the show to see them. That's definately one of my favorite parts of the Zoo. Maybe one day I can swim with them. I'd like that. I think this photo kinda looks like I'm swimming with them today!!!




And yes, here I am, still dancing. ;o)


Would you check out that toe point. :o) Not bad for a 4 yr. old, huh??!! Did I mention that I want to be a ballerina one day?? :o)



We have gone to a few little festivals recently and I've not gotten my face painted at any of them. I wanted to, desperately, but I never got the chance. Today at the Zoo they were painting faces & mommy said I could have mine done. Out of all of the options, I chose a Panda. Aren't I a cute panda??!! :o)


So, that's about it for our day at the Zoo. We love it there & would welcome any of you to come and join us someday.
I love playdates. :o)

No comments: