Mama and I have been going to the Humane Society visiting with dogs since January. We started doing this because I really love dogs, but I was also a bit intimidated around them. We took items to donate & spent time visiting with dogs in the little rooms.
We went to a different shelter and met this dog, Mayter. He was SOOOOOOOOOOO sweet and we really liked him. So much, that we went back 3 times to visit and play with him. :o)
Can I have him...........PLEASE!!!
On our second visit, we took him this toy. I think he liked it, he was smiling. :o)
Ok, so on visit 3, (with daddy's permission ;o) we decided to take him home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :o) Can you tell that I'm a happy little girl??? heeheehee This is me in the van on the way home with Mayter in the back. :O)
We have discovered that Mayter is camera shy. lol He does NOT like to look at the camera. :O)
Today we took him in for his vet appointment, to make sure that he's a healthy boy and to get his booster shots. We weren't sure how he would handle the ride in the van, since when we picked him up we used the crate, but apparently he was pretty content. This is him, napping in the front seat, on his way to his appointment. hahahaOh, just in case you were wondering....his vet visit went well. He got a thumbs up on his health check. She believes him to be 1 to 1 1/2 yrs. old and most likely Golden Retriever/Lab/Mutt mix. :o)
We're also considering changing his name. Mama wants to name him Mayer (after John Mayer, and so it sounds similar to
Mayter, so he won't be too confused) I want to name him Shadow because mommy can't go ANYWHERE without him following her. heehee
Mayter, so he won't be too confused) I want to name him Shadow because mommy can't go ANYWHERE without him following her. heehee
Forget the trees, hug a homeless pet. ;o)
ADOPT a shelter pet today!!!!!

I love you "Mayter" "Mayer" "Shadow" "Doggie" :o)



No comments:
Post a Comment